One of its programs, Queer/Art/Mentorship has an open call for applicants until June 28th.
Queer/Art/Mentorship was founded on the belief that the more vibrant and supported the queer artistic community is, the more porous its boundaries will become, thereby cultivating superior artistry and sustainable creative careers.
Honoring the differences between the generations within the queer artistic community and the diversity of choices, values, esthetics, and opportunities in artists’ lives, the program supports a rich communion, working against a natural segregation between generations and disciplines. Its goal is to build an interconnected web of queer artists of all generations and mediums who know each other and each other’s work.
Queer/Art/Mentorship was created to support artists in the process of creating this community.
Application Deadline: Friday, July 12th, 2013 at 5pm EST
What Are We Looking For?
We seek fellows who:
– Work within at least one of the following disciplines: literary, film, visual arts, performing arts (including dance and music), and curatorial arts (in any kind of medium; e.g. galleries, books, etc.)
– Self-Identify as queer, gay, lesbian, bisexual and/or transgendered
– Are New York City-based
– Are Not Currently enrolled in school or university
– Are Early-Career and professionally focused
– Have a project that they’d like to work on with a mentor during the 2013-2014 mentorship cycle.